21 February 2010

First attempt at distressing

I always love the look of distressing when I see it on other peoples cards so I decided it was time to bite the bullet and have a go myself. I've used a cream cloudy effect paper, embossed with a cuttlebug folder (think its called scripture) and then torn the edges, inked all around and also on top of the raised writing. Underneath is paper from my basic grey porcelain pack, also torn, and I've also inked the edges of the white card blank to make them brown. The sentiment is a personal impressions stamp, covered in glossy accents (I must get some of that sepia accents as it would have been great for this card!). I don't know where I got the ribbon but as soon as I saw it I knew it was perfect! Had lots of fun making this and I am quite pleased with the end result, good for a male card I think ;) Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Marg said...

That's a lovely card Gemma, as you say, so right for a man.

dragonllew said...

That looks fab well done for having a go at distressing.

Ali said...

First attempt??? It looks brilliant. I have never tried distressing - dont think I would know where to start ;)

Karen said...

Thats quite a different style for you Gemm, but its fabulous! I love it!! xx

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card and what a pleasure for someone to receive it.

bunbun2 said...

wow that is gorgeous Gemma! x

Antonia said...

That is beautiful I cant believe its your first attempt at distressing, Where do you go from there? x

Unknown said...

wow, this is lovely. when i tried distressing it looked like i'd pulled it out the bin!

Nicky Stevenson said...

Well done for having a go at distressing Gemma, and I agree its great fun! This card reminds me of an easter egg, all those brown colours. qwiksave x

furrypig said...

Fab card! I love that scripture embossing folder will have to get saving for that one! Brown is my fav colour so I love it even more!

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card Gemm, I love the tones and shades and your distressing is the business xxx

PepPop said...

Lovely card and wow your distressing is fab. Love the way you inked the embossed writing it looks so effective. Jaqui x

Anonymous said...

Wow - that looks great. I think you might have insired me to get distressing!

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Lovely card. I love the scripture embossing it's fantastic. x

RACHAEL said...

Looks good to me. Well done!

Highland Handmade said...

Wow beautiful card gemm, love it all xx

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card, absolutely gorgeous. I love the sentiment. Well done Gemm xxx

Susan (aka TomsMom) said...

This is lovely. I love the way you've inked the writing.