1 December 2013

Dreamtime Designs challenge - A New Technique for Christmas!

Good morning all, hope you're all having a good weekend and enjoy what's left of it!

This month at Dreamtime Designs for our Brand new challenge we want you to...

Try a Technique thats New to you, and use it on a Christmas Project!

We have a FAB sponsor for you this time, a one year's subscription to Through the Craft Room Door online magazine!!! wowee I wish I could enter! ;)

So without further Ado onto my project!
I used my Gelli Plate (which I've had since July) for the Very first time! It was a lot harder than it looks when demonstrated on TV and on youtube, I got some OK and quite a few not-so-great prints so this is definitely a technique I need more practise with! I decided to use one of the prints I pulled on a Christmas Card as my own background paper. I love making my own patterned papers as I feel like I'm saving on using all my pretty bought papers up!


Here's a close up of the Gelli Printed background, I used a flower stencil and I'm quite pleased with this one, although the flowers could have stood out a bit more I think, I will have to practise with my plate a lot!

I also used on my card:
Frantage Embossing powder
Woodware Christmas Sentiment stamp
Ribbon and Embellishments: from stash

Dont forget to stop by Dreamtime Designs and enter our challenge and leave some love for all the DT sisters :)

Thanks for visiting me today :)
If you like what you see please stop by and like my Facebook Page where most of my creations are for sale!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Gem! This is gorgeous!! I never would have known that was some really great DSP. Fab job!
And you really are lovin' using the sentiment as the focal point, eh? You do it so well! Your cards just look so professional and elegant!
hugs--
Roberta
Queen Bee Paper Crafts

Julie Gleeson said...

Hi Gemma, I love your result with your Gelli Plate! I would love to give this a try one day! Hugs Julie x

Joanne said...

This is just beautiful! I really love the piece that you have made, and I really like the subtleness of the flowers, it's gorgeous! Super job with your Geli Plate,can't wait to see more of what you create with it! xx

coops said...

so beautiful gemm.gorgeous stylish design and i love the frantage :D

xx coops xx

Sarah said...

Beautiful colours on this Gemm x

Sam K said...

What a great effect, I've looked at getting a geli plate before, but not sure I could pull anything decent off lol. This looks great and I love all the soft colours you have used. I did laugh at the bit about meaning you could keep your pretty papers , if you buy them aren't you meant to use them? Hehe xx

Yvette said...

a lovely card Gem, I am also getting to know my gelli plate, with some good and some not so good results, I love how soft your image has come out, it really suits the rest of the card